Since 1850, the hotel was referenced in the Vatican as a reputable institution where the prelates could be lodged. For commercial reasons during the separation of church and state in 1905, the Globe and Rome became the Globe & Cecil, the owner's name of English origin. Today, it remains full of charm, while being decisively modern.
The hotel entrance was inspired by the desire to show a dual development in accordance with the current positioning of the hotel - a warm and elegant modernity - and recapture that architecture that was typical in nineteenth century Lyon.
The proportions of the decorative treatment of the historic facade have been respected - a set of boxes with sloping sides and moldings - which, from the outside to the inside of the hotel is transformed by the use of three materials: lacquered steel, stained oak and leather.